Are you learning Portuguese, and you want to find the best free online Portuguese language lessons?
You’ve come to the right place!
See our Top Online Learn Portuguese Language Websites
- Brazilian Portuguese 101 –iTunes Video Free
- 45 lessons by Semantica.
- Duolingo Portuguese – Online
- A popular free language-learning and crowdsourced text translation platform. As users progress through lessons, they simultaneously help to translate websites and other documents.
- Livelingua.com Portuguese Programmatic Course – Vol 1 and Vol 2
- Two volumes including textbooks (PDF) and audio lessons (MP3).
- Língua da gente – iTunes Free – Web site
- Portuguese learning podcast for English speakers. Features a lot of discussion, conversation, cultural tidbits, and slang. From the Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning (COERLL) at the University of Texas.
- Ta Falado: Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation for Spanish Speakers – Online
- Created by the Texas Language Technology Center in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at UT-Austin.
- BBC Talk Portuguese – Online
- A video introduction to the language in 11 short parts with audio clips for key phrases.
- Learn Portuguese with Rafa
- Rafa does give away a lot of very useful information for free, and this site is well worth a look. The tone is conversational and easy to follow, and unusually, both European and Brazilian Portuguese is taught.
- Practice Portuguese
- A mixture of free and paid for tools, podcasts, videos, and an app, specifically for European Portuguese
- Sonia Portuguese – there is a paid-for course and grammar book available, but Sonia also provides lots of free content, specialising in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Basic Portuguese Language Tutorial – mostly vocabulary lists, but also some short grammar lessons. Brazilian and European alternatives are given, but it is not always made clear which is which.
- Facebook Portuguese Tips – Bite-size lessons delivered straight to your Facebook newsfeed. Emphasis on European Portuguese (yay!), but the frequency of posts is not as great as it used to be.
- Portuguese Langauge Guide – Tips and tools for learning Portuguese, with a verb conjugator and language tests to check your progress.
- Online Courses – This site links through to various openware courses from different universities – at the time of writing there is one course listed for Portuguese from MIT, which is mainly Brazilian. Check out the other subjects on onlinecourses.com too – lots of good stuff!
- Easy Portuguese – a collection of lessons in Brazilian Portuguese. Audio files available. Lots of adverts though!
- Portuguese Lab – Portuguese Lab has a number of videos that cover basic phrases for eating out, shopping, etc. There are quite a few videos for beginners, as well as some videos aimed at intermediate and advanced Portuguese learners.
- Memrise Portuguese Flash Cards
Portuguese Language Podcasts
Portuguese with Carla is a great little podcast that includes free tr-anscripts of the audio. Each episode includes a transcript as well as a lesson explaining the vocabulary used.
Say it in Portuguese What are your best free online Portuguese resources? Let me know in the comments.