- Foreign Service Institute Japanese – Web site
- Student guide, textbook, glossary, flashcards (PDF) and nine audio lessons (MP3).
- JapanesePod101.com – Online
- Over 100 quality lessons aimed at the beginner. Users give it high marks.
- Kanji Characters – iTunes Free
- Learn the proper form and stroke for several important Kanji characters. From Emory University.
- Learn Japanese Symbols – Web Site
- These lessons teach students how to work with Japanese symbols, such as Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana.
- Let’s Speak Japanese Basic – YouTube
- 26 video lessons produced by the Japan Foundation.
- Let’s Learn Japanese Basic II – YouTube
- 25 video lessons produced by the Japan Foundation.