Why it’s Important to Learn the Spanish Language?
- Why it’s Important to Learn the Spanish Language?
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Spanish Language and Business
- Spanish Language – Easy to Learn!
- List of Spanish Language Countries
- Finding The Right Way To understand The Spanish Language
- Why Learn the Spanish Language – 10 Reasons to Learn Spanish
- 1: 500 Million Worldwide Native Speakers, 40+ Million in the USA
- 2: Spanish is one of the Easiest Languages to Learn
- 3: Knowing Spanish will completely transform your travel experience
- 4: Bilingual People Have More Employment Opportunities
- 5: Enjoy Spanish Music and Movies without Subtitles!
- 6: Learning Spanish Makes Learning Another Language Easier
- 7: Cultural Importance of Spanish
- 8: Spanish Communities Growing in the Untied States and All Over the World
- 9: Learn Spanish as a Hobby/Love of Learning Languages
- 10: To Help Others in your Community
The importance of the Spanish language is the third most spoken language in the world after Mandarin Chinese and the Hindi language.
It is estimated that Spanish is spoken in more than 25 countries all over the world and has about over 500million native speakers.
The importance of Spanish is beneficial regardless if you do it for fun or for your career or just for personal travel.
Recent polls of college students show Spanish is the most popular choice as a second language of U.S.college students, surpasses other language favorites such as French, and German.
Spanish Language and Culture
The culture accessible through Spanish is very rich and rewarding. There are many ways you can use it to enjoy your Spanish from the comfort of your home.
Spanish music is very popular throughout Mexico and parts of the United States.
Salsa and other forms of Spanish dance are also popular in the United States. Spanish movies don’t enjoy the large budget of Hollywood movies, but there are a good amount of decent Spanish films that you can buy with Spanish and English subtitles. So you can also enjoy learning the importance of Spanish in a more entertaining fashion.
You could spend all your life travelling between each Spanish-speaking country and never see the same location twice. The former Spanish empire was so great that basically anywhere you go could be of some Spanish descent. The two more popular tourist locations are Spain and Mexico. Spain is the second most visited country in the world for its amazing beaches in all of Europe. Also houses many historical towns, churches, and monasteries. Even if you are a casual traveller, travelling in a Spanish-speaking nation it will be easy for you to interact with the local population on your own without depending on an interpreter. You can easily go to places on your own because you can read sign boards and guiding instruction which will be in Spanish. This will certainly enhance the quality of your travel.
Spanish Language and Business
The combined GDP of Spanish-speaking countries is one of the highest for any language, surpassed only by English and Japanese. The importance of Spanish as a business language in many large areas of the United States, the world’s biggest economy. Throughout the world, there is a very fast growing Hispanic background market that knows the importance of the Spanish language. In a decade, it is possible that the chances of the United States declaring itself a bilingual state with Spanish and English as Official languages. Countries all over the world teach Spanish as part of a world-class educational program and a very important language to know to compete in the world economy.
Spanish is one of 6 official languages of the United Nations:
Spanish Language – Easy to Learn!
Spanish at its essence is an easy language to learn since it lacks the complex difficulties of languages such as Russian, Chinese, or Japanese. Spanish is a Romance language and shares the same difficulties as other Romance languages such as word genders, irregular verbs, and conjugations. Other Romance language include French, Latin, Italian, and various others. Some vocabulary is shared with other Romance languages as well.
All languages evolve with time and Spanish is no exception. To genuinely understand the importance of the Spanish language you need to learn the language yourself so you can receive the full benefit of this amazing language. In fact, the latest research has shown that learning a second language helps fight against Alzheimer’s disease and slows down the ageing effects of the brain.
List of Spanish Language Countries
How many countries have Spanish as their official language?
List of countries in which Spanish has full legal or official status or in which Spanish is widely spoken.
Countries where Spanish is an official language:
Spanish Speaking Countries in Europe
Spanish Speaking Countries in Africa
Spanish Speaking Countries in the Americas and the Caribbean
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- United States
Finding The Right Way To understand The Spanish Language
The most efficient way to understand Spanish for you will depend on what makes you comfortable. Here are five ideal alternatives that have used by others to successfully
- Try and find some good books for memorizing Spanish – There is a whole array of books which can help you understand Spanish in easy steps at home. Look out for books, which have pictures, are bi-lingual and have a good teaching structure. Talk to the sales people about which books they would recommend for whatever level you need. Also, ensure that you have a very good dictionary Spanish-English (or your native language)-Spanish.
- Look at the classifieds in your local newspaper for advertisements – there are bound to be a number of language institutes, which teach Spanish in your area. Check your newspaper to find when and what their terms for enrollment are and their costs. Keep in mind that the place should be as close as possible to your home to keep down the travel time and costs to the minimum.
- Make sure you read a lot – This is really important and beneficial. This is definitely one of the easiest ways to understand Spanish (or any other language) because this is the only way you can increase your vocabulary and learn about to use the words in the right context. You will find that the more you read, the more you will be able to think in Spanish and hence, your conversation will become fluent.
- Look around for a tutor – You can always try using a regular tutor. However I’d like to suggest to you that you get an online tutor – Perhaps a friend, (you can check out facebook or another of the social networks, since there are so many people who would love to help you out and teach you how to learn Spanish), who can guide you. This will make learning Spanish very interesting and fun as well.
- Take a look around the Internet – The Internet is the greatest boon to mankind especially when you need to learn something. You can find anything you want with the help of the Net. There are multiple online courses and sites, which you can enroll in and learn about Spanish at your own pace from the comfort and convenience of your home. You can compare prices; you can see how long the courses are; you can also find the level of the language you want to start at (basic, medium, advanced) and so on.
So as you can see, the most ideal way to understand Spanish is by using one of the above or even a combination of several different methods. Why not try some or all of them out and see what works for you and what doesn’t. You’ll find that the most ideal way to know and learn Spanish is the method or combination that makes the learning fun. You’ll pick up and retain more if it’s fun and is the best way for you to learn. Don’t forget convenience and the amount of time you have available to study and learn.
Why Learn the Spanish Language – 10 Reasons to Learn Spanish
You probably already have your own reasons to learn Spanish but in case you don’t have one already or still looking for more reasons to get motivated to learn Spanish. This article should help you answer the question “why learn Spanish?”
1: 500 Million Worldwide Native Speakers, 40+ Million in the USA
Spanish is the fourth most spoken language in the world with around 500 native Spanish speakers. Spanish has the most countries from various parts of the world speaking it including 40+ Million in the USA alone.
2: Spanish is one of the Easiest Languages to Learn
Spanish is one of the easiest languages for an English speaker to learn. Spanish as quite a bit in common with English in sentence structure and vocabulary.
3: Knowing Spanish will completely transform your travel experience
Many countries in the world have Spanish as their official language. You can travel your whole life to every Spanish speaking without visiting the same country twice. This makes knowing Spanish when travelling one of the most useful languages to learn.
4: Bilingual People Have More Employment Opportunities
Knowledge in a second language increases your potential business opportunities cause businesses planning to break into international markets should understanding that communicating in your target demographic native languages increases confidence and builds trust among both parties.
5: Enjoy Spanish Music and Movies without Subtitles!
What about Spanish music and art? Most people would recognize Cuban singing-sensation, Gloria Estefan, and Spanish cubist painter Pablo Picasso is known worldwide for his modern-style of art that has influenced the artistic community around the globe. In recent years, film stars from Spain and Latin America such as Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas, and Salma Hayak have become recognized not just at home, but in Hollywood as well.
6: Learning Spanish Makes Learning Another Language Easier
Learning a language makes it easier to learn another. Especially in the case of Spanish. Spanish is a romance language and shares quite a bit in common with other romance languages like Italian, French, and Portuguese.
7: Cultural Importance of Spanish
Learning the Spanish language and culture go hand-in-hand. While not impossible to learn Spanish never having experienced the culture first hand, direct exposure to the culture will give language learners insights into the language that would otherwise not be possible.
8: Spanish Communities Growing in the Untied States and All Over the World
According to the latest US census, the Spanish speaking community is the biggest growing minority with an estimated 50-55 million by the year 2015. This growth has lead some states like New Mexico to adopt Spanish as an official. Other states are expected to follow suit.
9: Learn Spanish as a Hobby/Love of Learning Languages
Maybe you are just one of those people that just enjoy learning languages for the fun of it! Once you’ve mastered the urge to learn more becomes pretty strong. Contrary to popular opinion, not much confusion happens between languages.
10: To Help Others in your Community
If your of those people that enjoy helping others in your community. Learning Spanish to help people who don’t know English or Spanish communicate
- What & Which Is The Easiest Language To Learn For Arabic Speakers?What are the easiest languages to learn for arabic speakers? Arabic is the primary language in numerous countries like Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia
- Free Arabic Language CoursesLiveLingua.com – Free Arabic Language Lessons – OnlineThe US Peace Corps … Read more
- Learn Common Arabic Phrases – Learn Arabic Language PhrasesIf you ever play to visit a country where the … Read more
- Learn Arabic Swear Words – List of Arabic Swear WordsI was a little hesitant to write this article because … Read more
- Arabic Number System – How Arabic Language Numbers Work?Understanding how to write the Arabic number system takes very … Read more
1 thought on “Importance of the Spanish Language”
Thanks for sharing a complete guide about the Spanish language and its learning benefits. I really appreciate your research. A very helpful & informative article.